Latihan Soal UN Bahasa Inggris SMP
Posted February 1, 2012on:
PREDIKSI SOAL UN BAHASA INGGRIS SMP
- What does the notice mean?
- We must not arrive earlier.
- We have to come on time.
- We should come late.
- We may come later.
2. Where do we usually find the notice above?
- In front of the classroom
- Around the beach
- On the supermarket
- In the garden
3. Where will they study together?
- In class
- At my home
- At Tuti’s home
- At Ita’s home
4. The word “I” in the text above refers to….
5. What kind of the card is it?
- Congratulation card
- Greeting card
- Credit card
- Permission card
6. From the text, we know that the writer intend to …
- Inviting Anggi on her debate.
- Congratulating Anggi on her first winner on English debate.
- Giving message to Anggi.
- Offering Suzan to participate on debate competition.
Text for no 7 and 8
7. Which of the following statement is NOT TRUE according to the text?
- The girl hasn’t known where her parents are.
- The girl has been found by her parents
- The girl hasn’t found her parents yet
- A shopkeeper has found a lost girl
- “May we have your attention, please?”
The underlined word refers to…
- the lost girl
- the shopkeeper
- the parents
- the shoppers
This text is for no 9-11
Hi Friend, here I invite you to my 15th birthday party
Date:Monday 2 February 2009
Time:8 pm – 10 pm
Place: Sari Rasa Restaurant ( in front of SMP 2 Wonosobo)
Please be on time without you the party will be different
9. Where will the Fury’s birthday party be held?
- at SMP 2 Wonosobo
- at Fury’s house
- Monday, 26 January 2009
- At Sari Rasa Restaurant.
- What is the purpose of writing the text?
- to inform about fury’s party
- to invite Ratna to attend Fury’s party
- to announce a birthday party
- to describe Fury’s a birthday party
- How long will the party last?
- eight hours
- ten hours
- two hours
- three hours
12. How many hours does Grand Bonanza sale open on Sunday?
13. What will the customer receive if they buy furniture above Rp. 5.000.000,-?
- Antique furniture.
- A hand phone.
- A television.
- A 70% discount.
14. Which Statement is not true about the grand bonanzaSale?
- It’s from 31st January till the 31st March 2009
- The customer will receive a TV set, free of charge for purchase above Rp. 3.000.000,-
- The Bonanza sale is for antique furniture
- Business hours are from 10.am to9 pmfrom Monday to Saturday
The milk chocolate drink that gives instant health
Take milkivit with MV-4…………the health drink for young and old
MILKVIT WAS GOOD BUT MILKVIT WITH MV-4 IS BETTER.
Take the glass of water, add two scoops of MILKVIT
With MV-4. Delicious and refreshing.
Milkvit with MV-4 for
A product of of the Milkvit Co.Inc
15. How does Milkvit with MV-4 taste?
16. What is the Milkvit with MV-4?
a. Soft drink enriched with vitamins
b. Liquid containing alcohol for drinking
c. The milk chocolate drink for instant health
d. Water from a spring in the ground containing mineral salt
INDICATIONS, CONTRAINDICATIONS, PRECAUTIONS/WARNINGS, DOSAGE AND ADMINISTRATIONS:
SEE ENCLOSED LEAFLET
KEEP OUT OF THE CHILDREN
STORE BELOW 25%
PROTECT FROM LIGHT
DO NOT FREEZE
ON MEDICAL PRESCRIPTION ONLY
Reg. no : dki123.1209
Batch no : D 12502.1208
Exp. Date : 1210
- It is better for you to use this product….
- a. Before December, 2008.
b. Before December, 2009
- c. Before December, 2010
- Before December, 2011
- Which of the following statements is incorrect?
- You must keep it in save place
- You can keep it in the refrigerator
- You should buy it in the pharmacy
- You need leaflet to know complete information.
Bandung, June 21 2008
Jl Mawar No 30
How are you getting along? It has been quite some time since I wrote to you. I hope you and your family is doing well. As you can see from the address above I have moved house. My father bought a new. We sold off the double storey terrace house and moved to a double storey semidetached house.
I like the new house. The compound is so much bigger than the old one. There are more rooms and we have big garden. My father said that we could have a swimming poll in the garden if we want to. However my mother said he would rather have a rock garden complete with waterfall.
As for me I would rather have a space for playing football or badminton. I think my father will listen to my mother.
How about visiting me and seeing our new house? I have already found a river which is good for fishing. I think you will enjoy the weekend here. See you soon.
19. Why does Budi like the new house?
- It has a swimming pool.
- It has bigger with more room.
- It has a rock garden.
- It has a river.
- Which of the following thing would probably be built latter?
- Swimming pool
- Football field
- Rock garden
- Badminton court.
This text is for question 21 to 24
Dolphins are sea mammals. They have to breathe air or they will die. They are members of the Dolphindeae family. Dolphins have smooth skin. Only baby dolphins are born with a few bristly hairs on their snouts. These hairs soon fall out. They have long tail and the fin on the top of –Their backs keep the dolphin from rolling over. The female dolphins have a thick layer of fat under their skin to keep them warm when they dive very deep. The dolphin’s Front fins are called flippers. They use them to turn left and right. Dolphin’s grow from 2 to 3 meters long and weight up to 75 kilograms.
Dolphins hunt together in a group. A group of dolphins is called a pod.
They eat fish, shrimps, and small squid. They live in salt water oceans. Dolphin can hold their breath for six minutes. When dolphins hear or see a ship close by, they go near and follow it from a distance. Dolphins can leap out of the water and do somersaults. Sometimes they invent their own tricks and stunts after watching other dolphins perform.
Dolphins are very friendly to people and have never harmed anyone. They are very playful animals.
21. We can say that dolphins are like people, because….
a. they give birth baby dolphins
b. they are similar in height
c. they breathe underwater
d. they dive very deep
22. Sometimes they invent their own tricks…. (Paragraph 4 line 4)
The word printed in bold means……
23. What does the first stage of the report include?
a. General classification of dolphins
b. Description of dolphin’s appearance
c. Description of interesting dolphin habits
d. Description of dolphin’s every day’s habits
24. Why do you think someone would write a report like this?
Because the want to……
- Give factual information about the thing in the world
- Describe a particular living or non living thing
- Present all the information about persons
- Write how to entertain the readers
The text is for questions 25 to 27
My uncle Martin is my mother’s elder brother. He is my favorite among my mother’s brothers. He is a very interesting man. He lives quite near us with my aunt Angela and my cousins Anne and Bob. I often go to his house.
He is about 45 with grey hair. He is still quite good looking. He is tall and well built. He has blue eyes and a strong face. He wears glasses. He is short sighted. He takes them off when he doesn’t work.
Uncle Martin is a textile engineer. He works for a big firm in the city. He travels widely in his job. He is an expert in solving problems with machines. At present, he is in theUnited States. He is visiting the firm’s customer there.
He is very fond of sea. He has a boat at the seaside. He goes there every weekend in summer to sail it. I sometimes stay with my cousin at their house on the coast. When Uncle Martin is at home, he usually takes us out in the boat.
25. Uncle Martin lives in his house together with….
a. his wife, his daughter and son
b. his aunt and two cousins
c. his mother and elder brother
d. his mother’s brother
26. When does he take his glasses on? When ….
a. he doesn’t work
b. he work
c. he is short sighted.
d. he sees an optician.
27. What does paragraph 4 tell us about?
a. Uncle Martin’s job
b. Uncle Martin’s description physically
c. Uncle Martin’s hobby
d. Uncle Martin’s family
The text is for numbers 28 – 30
How to make a Boat or a Hat
Things you need:
A half page of newspaper
What to do:
First, fold the paper in half the long way, crease and unfold.
Second, fold the sides up the middle crease, keep folded.
Next, fold the corners down to the middle.
After that, fold the corners downs to the middle again.
Then, fold the points downs to the middle.
Finally, open the middle and turn it inside out to make a boat, or flip it over and wear it as a hat.
28. How many steps do we follow to make a good paper boat or a hat as mentioned in the text?
29. “Finally open the middle and turn it inside out to make a boat, or flip it over and wear
it as a hat.” The underlined word could be best replaced with the word ……..
30. What is the communicative purpose of this text?
a. to entertain the reader
b. to describe something in general
c. to tell how to make a boat and a hat
d. to give information about a boat and a hat
Once upon a time, in the jungle there lived a fox. His name was Rox. No one didn’t know him. Everybody in the jungle was afraid of him because his face and style look very vicious.
One day in a summer beautiful morning, when Rox was drinking at the side of the river, he saw a little rabbit in danger. A snake came sneaking behind the little rabbit. The snake was going to eat the rabbit. Rox jumped over the snake as soon as possible and scared the snake away.
The little rabbit then felt relieved that Rox just save his live from the treat of the dangerous snake. After that, the little rabbit told the whole jungle that Rox was a kind fox. He just saved his life. There was no need to afraid of him anymore.
- Paragraph two tells us about……
- Rox looked very vicious to every one
- Little rabbit was relieved about kind fox
- Rox saved a little rabbit’s life
- Snake was scared of the little rabbit
- What was Rox doing when the little rabbit in danger?
- What is the purpose of the story above?
- To describe about the vicious fox
- To entertain readers about kind fox
- To explain about the little rabbit
- To inform us a life in the jungle
- “He just save hislife”, (paragraph 3). The underlined word refers to…
- Little Rabbit
kangaroo, the Australian Identity
The first kangaroos inAustralialived in the forest. They ate only insects and were about the size of large rats. They developed from type of possum that came down from the trees to search for food on the forest floor. Today the kangaroos are much bigger than the ancient kangaroos. The smallest kangaroos weigh 500 gram.
There are many types of small kangaroos in Australiaalthough most people only see and hear the big ones. A lot of the smaller kangaroos, such as burrowing and brush-tailed bettongs, are in danger of extinction. The sheep, cattle and rabbits eat their food and the tall grasses the use to shelter from predator like foxes and feral cats.
The kangaroos’ hop is very unusual. It is different from the jump of a large animal. If you try to hop up the street like a kangaroo, you will get tired quickly. A kangaroo can jump 65 km/h. It has hind legs that can store a lot of energy when it hops. Its stomach pumps air in and out of their lungs and saves their muscles a lot of work.
Kangaroos are marsupials. They rear their young in a pouch-like koalas and wombats. In a good condition the females of some kangaroos (for example, the red) are almost always pregnant. A day or two after the joey is born she mates again. A female kangaroo can produce different milk from different teats for the older and younger joeys.
The text above tells us about…….
a. The first kangaroos inAustralia.
b. The life and habitat of kangaroos
c. The types of kangaroos
d. Kangaroos food.
- What is the main idea of paragraph 2?
- The kangaroos firstly lived inAustralia.
- A lot of small kangaroos also live inAustralia.
- Kangaroos can jump in a long distance.
- Some kangaroos can mate after one or two days of born joey.
- What is the food of the first kangaroos?
- Which of the following statements is TRUE based on the text?
- The first kangaroos inAustraliahave size body
- Most people only know about the small kangaroos
- Kangaroos will get tired quickly if they jump
- Kangaroos keep their young in a pouch
Text for no 39 – 42
Joko was very busy last week. He wrote some letters for his parents and friends on Monday. On Tuesday he visited Ratu Praditya’s school. He played tennis for two hours there. Ratu is his friend.
In the evening he went to the sport shop. He bought a new tennis racket. Then he played tennis again the whole day on Wednesday.
He stayed home in the evening. He was very tired. Then, he spoke to his parents on the phone.
On Thursday he watched the football match on television. On the weekend he visited his brother’s badminton club at Jalan Angsana I.
39. What does the text tell us about?
a. Joko’s last week activities
b. Tennis player
c. Ratu Praditya’s school
d. Joko’s parents
40. What is the main idea of the first paragraph?
a. Joko visited his friend
b. Joko was very busy last week
c. Joko wrote some letters
d. Joko played tennis
41. What did Joko do on Tuesday?
a. He wrote some letters
b. He went to the sport shop
c. He visited Ratu Praditya’s school
d. He spokes to his parents
42. What does the word “there” in the first paragraph refer to?
a. his parents house
b. Ratu Praditya’s school
c. Joko’s school
d. His friends house.
Complete the paragraph for no 43 – 45.
Garuda is an important symbol in Indonesian culture. The Garuda eagle in Hindu Mythology is most……(43) depicted as the vehicle of the God Vishnu. ….(44) often refers to the King of all things that fly and it was ….(45) as the name of Indonesian Airlines.
43. a. Beautifully
44. a. He
45. a. taken
46. Last week the students of class 2 went camping. The campsite …in a village near kaliurang. It was about 10 kms South of Mount Merapi.
47. Arrange these sentences to make good paragraph.
1. It has the head and feet of a duck and the body of a mammal
2. Yesterday, we wenttoSafariParkin Cisarua Bogor.
3. Have you ever seen a picture of a platypus?
4. Well, now I’ve seen a real live platypus.
a. 2, 3, 5, 4, 1
b. 2, 5, 3, 4, 1
c. 2, 3, 5, 1, 4
d. 1, 4, 5, 2, 3
48. Arrange the sentences into a good composition.
1. Also, a young horse is called a “colt”
2. A horse is a large animal with four legs
3. We can see all of them in a zoo
4. We call a small horse a “Pony”
a. 2, 4, 1, 3
c. 3, 1, 4, 2
b. 4, 2, 3, 1
d. 4, 1, 2, 3
Arrange the words into good sentence!
49. New jacket – buy – Wiliam – didn’t – did – neither – John
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
a. 3, 4, 2, 1, 6, 5, 7
b. 4, 2, 1, 6, 5, 7, 3
c. 1, 2, 6, 7, 3, 5, 4
d. 4, 3, 1, 2, 5, 6, 7
50. Rubbish – do – throw – not – here
1 2 3 4 5
a. 2, 4, 3, 1, 5
b. 2, 3, 5, 1, 4
c. 2, 5, 4, 3, 1
d. 2, 4, 5, 1, 3
Sumber Data : Dokumen Pemberdayaan MGMP Bahasa Inggris SMP Kab. Sukoharjo